Monday, April 7, 2008

The Art of Fly Tying Materials



This past week I have spent time behind the lens using a reverse macro. By reversing the lens on my camera I have been able to capture some up close macro shots. I will be experimenting more in the coming days and will post my results shortly. Here are a few from my first attempts at capturing tying materials up close. Enjoy~


The reflective light from Crystal Flash gives off a very nice effect. I really enjoy the shot above. I will be putting out a series of photos this week based off this initial capture. Thanks for your comments and feedback!

Peacock has always been a favorite of mine when it comes to tying materials. The colors make for some nice portraits. I currently have this as my desktop background.


My first attempts at shooting Pheasant tail had me wanting to embed flies into the macro shots. I still would like to try this and will post some results of having flies resting on top of some materials.


Dyed Rabbit was fun to shoot. The Depth of Field in these shots give off a nice smooth effect wich each barb of hair. I need to shoot some other colors.


Another example...

3 comments:

Jake said...

great post, I love the pics. have you ever listened to The Digital photography show, its a cool podcast.

keep up the good workp

JayMorr said...

Thanks for your comment Jake. I have not listened to the show. Do you have a link that I can go to listen to the program?
Thanks!

Jake said...

http://digiphoto.thepodcastnetwork.com/

the las few episodes are about HDR, I cant wait to try that out with my 30d

 

All Images © Jason Morrison - All Rights Reserved