Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Tis' The Season - Waterfowl

It is cold, it has been snowing here in Utah.  The last few days and over the Thanksgiving Holiday we received our fair amount of snow.  It is a great time to rip the "Pow-Pow" and hit the slopes.  But I have been focused on other things that are also great this time of year...  WATERFOWL!

I am not much of a bird hunter.  Fact is, the more I shoot behind a lens, the desire to kill these beautiful birds becomes nonexistent.  I have nothing against the sport and I am happy to photograph it.  Photography has changed me.  Often it is hard to describe.  All I know is that I love spending time in the field with my camera and these birds are majestic in their own right.

Here is a look at a few up close from my last encounter.  Shot using a Nikon D700, Nikon 300mm F/2.8 VR and TC-17 @ f/4

Drake Mallard

Drake

Beads - Drake Mallard

Wood Duck

Drake Wood Duck

1 comment:

Benny said...

Wow some beautiful Drakes. The wood duck has some really spectacular plumage. Nicely captured.

 

All Images © Jason Morrison - All Rights Reserved